- Available to Members ages 19 to 65 … coverage can be continued to age 75.
- Children may be covered under the family plan.
- All applicants must be cancer free for five years (12 months in TX, 6 months in CA, 2 years in GA) prior to application date.
- $9.95 per month for Member
- $15.95 per month for Family
- Injury or sickness other than cancer;
- Expenses the covered person is not legally obligated to pay or those charged only because the covered person has insurance; and
- Treatment or services performed outside of the United States.
Pre-existing Condition Limitation
A cancer for which treatment has been received before the covered person has been insured for 45 days will be considered a pre-existing condition. We will, however, make payments for this cancer if the covered person incurs expenses after his insurance has been in effect for 12 months.
Termination of Coverage
The insurance of the insured person may be terminated only:
When the group's master policy is terminated;
- On the date of the expiration of the grace period (31 days) if the insured person does not make the required premium payment;
- On the premium due date next following the date the insured person ceases to be a member of the group;
- For dependent coverage, on the date the dependent ceases to be eligible;
- Benefits terminate at age 75.
This plan is not available to residents of the following states:
Connecticut, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Wyoming. In California, this plan is not available to persons age 65 & over.
Underwritten By Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company
Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company was rated A+ (Superior, 2nd of 16 categories) by A.M. Best company as of April 9, 2013.
30 Day Free Look
We believe this Plan is a valuable benefit and we’d like you to take up to 30 days to review the Plan’s benefits. If you decide the Plan doesn’t meet your needs, just return your Certificate of Coverage within 30 days of receipt. You’ll get a full refund of premiums paid, with no obligation.
How to Apply
- Download and print the Application Form for this plan.
- Send the completed Application and initial payment to:
AFA Plan Administrator
Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Co.
P.O. Box 1341
Valley Forge, PA 19482-9946
Click here for important notice to persons on Medicare